The Project “Open Labour Market for Young Musicians from Europe – Open Mind, Open Future”
Project acronym - OpenYourMusic
Project ID number - 2019-1-LV01-KA202-060449
Duration period – 01.09.2019.-30.09.2022.
Herman Braun Foundation together with partners from Estonia OSAUHING ERP and from Sweden The Real Group Inspiration AB completed implementation of the project OpenYourMusic for young musicians. The project is co-funded by European Union Erasmus+ programme. The target group of the project is learners of music schools and music colleges from the age 14 till the age 24.
Combating unemployment is one of the main priorities in social and economic policy of the European Union. Unemployment is an important economic factor for any country. Young musicians are in a risk group of unemployment and they need complex activities for strengthening their position in the labour market in a near future – they need knowledge in management and business, competitive professional level, social and intercultural competences, new contacts and information sources. From the other hand VET institutions need support in methodology for non-formal education, need new management programme, which could be used as facultative, need information source for informing young musicians in fast and effective way.
The project objectives and activities were the following:
- strengthening young musicians’ capacity in a labour market in a long term;
- developing innovative learning programme in music management and new methodological material in non-formal learning;
- organizing various training events for VET learners (young musicians) and staff (teachers, trainers, experts in a music field);
- developing new Internet portal for young musicians’ access for labour market and entrepreneurial activities www.openyourmusic.eu ;
- providing international communication skills to music VET learners for better integration into multicultural musical environment.
Over 300 young musicians participated in project events.